GEEEE WHIZZZZ! OMG!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Well, my morning was very chaotic I should say! First all went well yesterday with the delivery of my new little nephew Bryson Christopher Roland. He is so sweet. He weighed in at 8.3 oz and was 20 1/4 in long. He was born yesterday at 8:37 am. Mommy Kimberly and Big Sister Kaydee are in love. After I got off work yesterday, I picked up the kiddo's, some happy meals and headed to Cleburne to check out the new baby! Tanner kept kissing him and Colton must have thought he was the Pillsbury Dough Boy, because he kept mushing him in the tummy. It was cute. Colton has been in a mood lately. He has been waking up again in the middle of the night being mischievous.

Last night we got home late and I feel asleep early and Seth got home much later from his softball game. Usually before we go to bed we make the house fort knox so we don't have to worry about Colton getting into everything if he has his midnight wakings......well, Seth forgot. He forgot to lock the fridge and the door to the laundry room that leads to the garage.....BIG mistake. At 4 Colton comes and gets me.....mind you I think he has been up for a while.....and tells me he wants pancakes. I use my guilt trip on Seth (he leaves in a week to go to Minnesota to fish) and ask him to get up with him and "get him started for the day". That means fix him breakfast, get him a chocolate milk, and turn on cartoons. Well, with a grump of course he did it. I hate our mattress, and Tanner's bed is much better, so I grabbed my cell phone to use as my alarm clock and headed to her room. That would have been a great idea if it was not on VIBRATE!!!! Evidently, John and Michelle had been trying to call me because our area was having some very bad storms....I heard the rain and just thought...GREAT SLEEPING WEATHER! Just when I was thinking I was getting the best sleep of my life, Colton comes and wakes me up carrying 2 champagne flutes full of water....I was like what are you doing..... Then I realize he is covered from head to toe with water. I walk out of Tanner's room and look out of the corner of my eye to see that the door to the laundry room is open as well as the door to the garage. I walk to shut the door and notice that the door to the GARAGE is open too. Colton decided to get in my truck get out the umbrella, open the garage through my truck entry, put on his jacket (which I found later on the kitchen floor he evidently took off while he was getting hot dogs and pancakes out of the fridge Seth did not lock) and he put on his shoe and was playing in the driveway in the rainstorm that of course had unbelievable amounts of lightening according to this mornings news! NICE!!!!! At the time of course I was not concerned with that I was trying to play damage control. It was 6:40, I am only running an hour and half behind, I had a picnic of various foods on the living room floor, I had a broken umbrella because my son thinks he is Mary Poppins, and my phone is going off....on vibrate of course. I answer to my sister yelling at me for not answering my PHONE! Yikes! All goes pretty smooth until I wake up Tanner for daycare. I always make her breakfast, prepare her lunch, and prepare her shots and set them on the counter until she is done with breakfast. I started loading up all the cargo I need in the mornings with 2 kids into the truck when Tanners starts running out into the garage screaming. I go to defuse the situation when she informs me that COLTON IS TRYING TO GIVE HER HER SHOTS! All in the day of a life in my world!!!!!

Have I mentioned TGIF! Well, I work Saturday, so I guess I am waiting for TGIS afternoon!

Later!

No comments: